Paddy Power Betfair Big Data Dedicated Team
Our customer PPB, was facing growing product backlog and inability to staff additional talent fast enough.
All this compounded by new Gambling Laws and Regulations requirements.
In addition, any new starter had to:
- Meet demanding security requirements, including working with sensitive data (financial transactions, personal data, etc.) and physical security
- Navigate a regulatory quagmire
OUR APPROACH BULDING THE 1ST TEAM
We staffed extremely fast, complying with all customer security standards – from background employment checks and criminal records, through software and hardware policies, to office physical security – in total:
- 5 Data Engineers
- 2 Data QAs.
We built the core of the team in less than 4 weeks, then we scaled with new members & tech stacks based on our customer ad-hoc needs
DATA TEAM RESULTS
What we’ve achieved:
FIGHTING FRAUD VIA BIG DATA
- Data streaming using Kafka, Talend, S3, Redshift
- Automation of chargebacks ingestion and processing
using Talend, S3, Redshift
TAKING CARE OF VENDORS BIG DATA
- Data latency & consistency checks with Talend
BIG DATA FOR INTERNAL COMPANY NEEDS – REPORTING & MARKETING
- Migration of datasets from Oracle to AWS using Talend, SQS, AuroraDB
- Migration of regulatory framework from Oracle to AWS using Talend, AuroraDB